Friday, March 7, 2014

Hounding report: Toronto Maple Leafs


So there, folks, this hounding report, from the Toronto Maple Leafs' visit to Tampa late last month, brings me current, so to speak, with the 2013-14 hockey-hounding campaign. Looking back, I took off the month of January, as the holidays, hockey tournaments and freelance work obligations kept me from my appointed rounds.

Now that the deck is much more clear, it's time to make the final push through to the end of regular season. I went out yesterday for my hometown Buffalo Sabres, so I still owe you one. Chances are, too, Colin will join me in hounding his hometown Boston Bruins tomorrow. Next week, with trips planned for the Phoenix Coyotes and New Jersey Devils, will be just as busy.

Enough about that, though. This post is about hounding the Leafs and how I added another 23 autographs, including the three pucks shown above, to the collection in one of the shortest outings of the campaign. After getting that many, and doubting that Phil Kessel (flat-out refusal) and James van Riemsdyk (showing concern for us by saying he was sick and didn't to pass it along) would change their minds and sign for us, I headed home after the squad headed out for its morning skate.

Signing pucks were, from left, Jonathan Bernier, Morgan Reilly and Paul Ranger.

Signing cards were:


Top row: Tyler Bozak, Carl Gunnarsson, Nazem Kadri and Nikolai Kulemin;
Bottom row: Joffrey Lupul, Jay McClement, Colton Orr and James Reimer; and


David Clarkson, from left, Tim Gleason (who had been recently acquired in a
trade from Carolina
) and the ever-increasingly affable Dion Phaneuf. (Really.)


Plus, Cody Franson signed these four.

No comments:

Post a Comment