Thursday, February 6, 2014

Hounding report: New York Rangers


After taking a month off from hounding, for reasons I can't draw from memory, we used the first day of Colin's week-long Thanksgiving break to try our hand, as well as our luck, with the New York Rangers at that downtown Tampa hotel that requires a far-greater effort than others.

One of us had great luck, as evidenced by Colin's team sheet, shown above, bearing 16 signatures. Me? Well, not so much. When it came time for the final tabulation on the day's effort, I got my hockey-hounding fanny handed to me -- once again.

And, you know, I don't have a problem with that. These days, especially when Colin can join me, it's more about making memories and having fun, rather than simply adding stacks and stacks to the collection.

So, who signed Colin's team sheet on that late November morning? Here's who, listed in alphabetical order, as that is easier for me (maybe):  Brian Boyle, Derick Brassard, Ryan Callahan, Michael Del Zotto (since traded), Dan Girardi, Chris Kreider, Henrik Lundqvist, Dominic Moore, John Moore, Rick Nash, Brad Richards, Marc Staal, Derek Stepan, Anton Stralman, Cam Talbot and Mats Zuccarello.

Thankfully, I didn't get skunked. Three autographs, I suppose, is far better than not scoring a single one, right?

Richards signed this Rangers puck for me, starting what would be a one-time Tampa Bay Lightning Big Three project, my only hounding goal of the week. How'd that turn out? You'll have to wait and see over the next week or so.

Beyond that, I came home with two -- yes, go ahead and count them on one of your hands, two -- hockey cards. Like I said, it sure beats coming home empty-handed and having to listen to Colin give me a hard time about getting shut out.

So, who signed the cards? Kreider, who I'd like to get on a 2012 Frozen Four puck as he was part of Boston College's national championship squad that year in Tampa, and Zuccarello, only the seventh Norwegian to play in the NHL, did.

No comments:

Post a Comment