Friday, March 14, 2014

Hounding report: Phoenix Coyotes


OK, let's be honest here. Going into Monday's hounding adventure for the Phoenix Coyotes, I figured it would be a pretty productive outing. Western Conference team. Weekday morning. Hound- and fan-friendly Shane Doan.

Man, was I ever wrong.

Aside from the Los Angeles Kings, where I scored only four autographs, the session, outside a downtown Tampa hotel before the team's morning skate, produced only nine autographs. Yes, nine autographs. As in single digits.

For one, I didn't have cards for quite a few players and passed, unlike before for other teams, on making some cheapskate cards. Some players, too, didn't stop to sign. And not a single one of us saw Doan leave the hotel.

Really, though, I shouldn't complain. I got four cards signed by Keith Yandle, shown above, as well as cards from signed by:


Martin Erat, from left, Mike Riberio, Mike Smith and Antoine Vermette.

No comments:

Post a Comment