Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hounding report: Carolina Hurricanes


It's not that it has never happened before, but when it does, it's worth mentioning. Many times this season, when my sidekick, Colin, joined me for hounding, he would go out and hand my fanny to me. Really, I don't have a problem with it. I'm more than happy to pass along the baton.

However, he does have a habit, and I wonder where he got it from, of celebrating his hounding victories over his old man. So, that's why I feel little guilt in playing up this simple fact -- I scored more autographs from the Carolina Hurricanes than he did just four days before Christmas.

All told, we snagged 45 autographs that day, with Colin scoring 19 on the team sheet, shown above, complete with signatures from Cam Ward, Alexander Semin, Jeff Skinner and Jordan, but not Eric, Staal. Now, do the math.

So, let my bragging begin:


Two pucks from Anton Khudobin and Ward;


Nearly two-dozen cards, including:
Top row: Patrick Dwyer, Justin Faulk and Nathan Gerbe;
Bottom row: Tim Gleason, Jay Harrison and Justin Peters; 


Top row: Tuomo Ruutu and Jeff Skinner; and
Bottom row: Jordan Staal and Jiri Tlusty.


Mike Komisarek signed four cards ...


... as did Manny Malhotra, who, like Ottawa's Erik Karlsson, further
lends credibility to my theory of a bell curve in hockey hounding.

Early on, when Malhotra was a top prospect with the New York Rangers, he wouldn't get within 10 feet of a Sharpie and, honestly, wasn't very nice in shooting us down. Since then, Malhotra, who has faced considerable adversity in his career, is one of the nicest and most cordial players in the NHL. 

But, I digress. The day's haul also included these items:


Alexander Semin adding to the Threads collection; and


Brett Bellemore signing one of my cheapskates cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment