Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Mailbox surprise


When I saw a yellow padded envelope sticking out of our mailbox recently, I figured Colin had won some prize from an online contest he had entered. The envelope, though, wasn't addressed to him. Instead, it had my name on it.

For the life of me, I had no idea what it was or who it came from. The return address, rubber-stamped in the top-left corner, was unfamiliar. I can only imagine the puzzled look upon my face.

Upon opening it, though, I saw there was a few autographed hockey cards. Again, I didn't remember winning any eBay auctions lately. One look at the accompanying letter ended the mystery.

It seems I'd sent in some redemption cards a while back, so long ago that I'd forgotten about them. According to Upper Deck, the cards I was supposed to get were no longer available. In their place, the card company sent me these:

  • an autographed buyback card from Hall of Famer Luc Robitaille; and
  • a short-print, autographed rookie card for Toronto's Nikolai Kulemin.
It's hard to say whether I should be happy with these cards, as I can't remember what they replaced. Still, that Robitaille card is pretty cool.

Next up: Tampa Bay Lightning

No comments:

Post a Comment