Thursday, April 4, 2013

Heirarchy within hounding


When it comes to hounding certain NHL players, such as Buffalo's Ryan Miller, there's a specific order to the items I will ask a player to sign.

Pucks are the items of first choice. A player's jersey isn't far behind. A team item, if I'm working one, or a specific project, like our American-born goalies stick, come next. McFarlane bases, memorabilia cards or 8x10s are next. Heck, I'll even make my own card.

Then, and only then, will I ask one of the NHL's top players to sign some cards.

Even then, though, there's a method to my madness. Minor-league team sets, such as these two from Miller's days with the Rochester Americans, as well as any other sets or Heroes & Prospects offerings get top priority. As you can see, I've had these since the mid-2000s.

Once again, it shows the value of patience.

Up next: Sabres team report

No comments:

Post a Comment