Tuesday, January 1, 2013

For 2013 ...

In the year ahead, in matters of hockey, I hereby resolve to:

~ Put Colin in only positive situations where he can grow and learn, not have to deal with negative issues like bullying. If there was anything positive to come out of the nonsense this season, it was his ability to deal with adversity. It's too bad, though, he learned this as a child.

~ Continue to share our experiences within hockey, both good and bad, here on this blog. As always, it's my goal to maintain a positive approach. But, in the interest of objectivity, I'm also compelled to share negative situations. If you don't like it, that's too bad. As long as it keeps happening, I'll keep writing about it. It's as simple as that.

~ To stress education far more than hockey. Over the long haul, it'll provide a greater foundation for Colin's future, I believe, than anything else. Good grades in a challenging curriculum are far more important than wins and points.

~  Remember how the NHL and its players brought about labor strife for the second time this decade. Sure, we'll be back, once a season takes place, but our financial commitment will be minimal. I'd much rather pay to watch my son play hockey.

Beyond that, here's hoping that the coming year is the best one yet.

1 comment:

  1. As always, I am looking forward to reading your words. They are a source of enjoyment, enlightenment and thought.

    I hope 2013 for you and yours is a joyous one.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete