Sunday, September 4, 2011

Bragging Daddy Alert #2

Colin scored his first goal of the fall-winter season today, pitching in during the Tampa Bay Jr. Lightning Squirt A's 6-0 victory over the Scorpions "2" on Sunday. He tells me it came during a scrum in front of the net and he dove to knock it in.

I guess Colin was motivated after being "forgotten" by his coaches in the third period of Saturday's game.

The team won its division, finishing the qualifier 3-0. Next game is at 7:15 a.m. Monday in Ellenton. If they win that game, and it's against the team they beat Friday night, they play for the Labor Day Challenge championship.

Guess what? I get to watch the first game. Thanks to a colleague at the paper, I even get to watch the second game, if necessary. That, alone, is good enough for me.

2 comments: