Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Putting the travel in travel hockey

There was a parents' meeting after last night's Tampa Bay Jr. Lightning Squirts A practice, focusing on basic subjects like team rules, uniform requirements and tournaments in South Florida and Ellenton over the next two weekends. The subject then turned to other tournaments.

I must admit, I was a bit stunned when The Missus called to tell me the news. Locations bandied about included Denver, Nashville, Huntsville, Ala., Michigan and Canada. I'd figured Orlando or Jacksonville, maybe back down in South Florida. Outside of Florida, though? Yikes!

We'll see what happens in the weeks ahead. All I know is that we better start saving every dime we can or hoping that a generous entity steps in and subsidizes the costs. Either that or we need to win Powerball or get one of Colin's NHL buddies to sponsor him.

No comments:

Post a Comment